Domestic Violence Victim Advocate
Responsibilities: This part-time position provides domestic violence advocacy services for female clients, primarily in the West Seattle Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Community Services Office and one day a week at the DAWN program office located in Tukwila.
Compensation: range begins at $13 per hour, plus pro-rated benefits
Location: West Seattle and Tukwila WA
Hours: 20-30 hours per week; hours to be determined,
but during normal business hours
1. Perform advocacy based counseling to victims.
2. Refer participants to resources available in the community including prevention, crisis intervention and advocacy.
3. Conduct advocacy based case management for CSO clients, per the agency's DSHS Workfirst contract.
4. Collaborate with other providers/agencies in the provision of client services.
1. Fluent Spanish speaker AND extensive knowledge of and experience with the Hispanic/Latino culture and community.
2. Bachelor's degree in social work or related field. Relevant work experience can be substituted for the educational requirement.
3. One year of recent experience providing advocacy services in the violence against women arena.
4. Excellent customer service and advocacy skills.
5. Ability to work with diverse staff, clients and volunteers.
6. Ability to work in a confidential manner and in a confidential setting.
7. Experience with and ability to work as a team member and positive contributor to a workplace environment, and to work to ensure the success of others.
8. Own transportation, a valid Washington State driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
To apply, please send a resume with a letter
outlining your interest and specific qualifications for this position to: DAWN,
Maggie Cullen, PO Box 88007, Tukwila, WA 98138, or Maggie dot cullen at dawonline
Please Note: DAWN offers of employment are contingent
upon signature of an oath of confidentiality and a police background check.
DAWN is an equal opportunity employer